Recently I have worked on a project where I have to stream a video on Internet which will be then accessed by the Servers on different locations and those servers will then stream the same video to the sub-ordinate systems simultaneously. Using this we can reduce the Load on Main Streaming Server as well as we can save lot of bandwidth as if all the server/systems connect to the Main server directly bandwidth usage of both the server and the client will be very high.
The hosting server should provide unlimited bandwidth with the best cheap web hosting India plans. VLC streaming server is widely utilized for Internet and LAN video streaming due to lots of benefits.
VLC can work as a streaming server that another application can attach to and view. VLC is a bunch of different kinds of media streaming protocols that ultimately support different client programs.
1) Video will be streamed from a Server on Internet.
2) Many other Servers will connect to the Server.
3) These servers will then stream the same video on their network (e.g. on LAN).
4) Users of local system will access the video from secondary servers.
Following image can explain the Scenario in a better way
Step to Stream Video on Primary Server
Following are the steps to stream a video on Primary Server which can be located on remoter location.
1) Login to the Server and install VLC on it.
2) Open VLC Media Player
3) Go to Media >> Streaming
4) Now add the file which you want to stream and Press Stream
The great online video operating sites need a strong and reliable cheap vps server which able to handle a large amount of traffic and smooth functioning of website.
VLC can stream media files over protocols like HTTP, RTSP, UDP, Ice Cast, etc. VLC is a multitasking solution; you can install it easily on any operating system and support all kinds of media format.
5) Source: On Stream Output screen it will show the Source file; press Next to continue
6) Destination: Add HTTP as new destination which will automatically run on port 8080 and you can activate trans-coding as well. Press Next to continue.
7) Others: You will see miscellaneous options which you can select as per your requirement. Press Stream to start Streaming.
8) VLC will start streaming the Video which you have mentioned.
In Next Article I will explain How to setup Secondary Server and clients to watch live streaming