Recently, I have configured backups of Hyper-V VM using “Windows Server Backup (WSB)” utility. Windows Server Backup (WSB) uses the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to provide backup and restore support for W2K8 volumes, folders, and files. To make this tutorial Easy and understandable to everyone, I will explain everything in following three parts
- Installation of Windows Server Backup.
1) Installation of Windows Server Backup.
Windows Server Backup need to be installed as Feature using Server Manager as it is not installed by default. Following are the steps to install Windows Server Backup on Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
1) Open Server Manager >> select Features >> click Add Features.
2) In the Add Features Wizard, expand Windows Server Backup in the Features tree.
3) Select Windows Server Backup and also select Command-Line Tools.
4) After you make your selections, click Next.
5) Press Install to continue.
6) If you get following screens, you have installed Windows Server Backup (WSB).
I will post Part II and Part III soon… thanks for your Patience.